|Welcome to SmartFind Express. If you need assistance during business hours please call between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm: 1-760-726-2170 x92207 (for Certificated) x92215 (for classified) (hint: your user ID = access ID, your Password = your PIN)|
Vista Unified School District is going to a new process of tracking substitute time worked. The NCR timesheet forms #4006.1, for Certificated Substitute Teachers, and #4006.4, for Classified Hourly Substitutes will no longer be used.
Instead, we are moving towards a paperless process using Digital Schools Suite Plus.
Here is how the process will work:
You will check in with the school/department secretary at the site that you have been assigned a substitute job with, either through the Smart Find Express (SFE) Substitute calling system, or by a school site/department secretary that made arrangements with you personally. Either way, you should have a job in the SFE system which will be on your calendar and also on the calendar of the employee for whom you are substituting.
2. The school site/department secretary will have a sign in log sheet for you to sign.
3. You will sign out at the end of the day.
4. You will be responsible for keeping track of your own time worked and for verifying that there is a job created for you on your calendar under ?Review Assignments? in the SFE system.
5. At the end of each day the school site/department secretary will put the absence or vacancy in Digital Schools and put your time in as the assigned substitute.
6. You will still be paid on the last working day of the each month, one month in arrears.
7. Please check your pay stub each month to verify that you are being paid accurately. You can also access your pay stub through the vistausd.org web page under the employee tab.
Time worked and absences are still due at the end of the last working day; no later than the 3rd of the next month.
Remember: Substitute pay is one month in arrears; i.e. time worked in October is paid on the last working day of November. VUSD employees are still paid only once a month.
The system phone number: 760-726-1379
and the new URL: https://vistausd.eschoolsolutions.com